Commission Numbers

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission Numbers
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:22:10 -0400
My first post to this list... no flames, please.

On the subject of commission numbers. With my TR's, I know that a commission
number of 16707( actually the number on my now-sold-to-buy-the-4/4 TR4) it
was the 16707th TR4 to roll off the line at Coventry (give or take a few),
beginning with the first TR4 in 1961 (or thereabouts... who knows for sure,
right?).

So, with a commission number of B1290 and a delivery date in Malvern of
around June 15th-July 1st (the paperwork is fuzzy on the exact dates), what
exactly is the significance of "B1290"? ... the 1290th 4/4 of that series?
... or???

I promise I won't ask any more stupid questions... for now at least.

We're slowly but surely getting the newest member of the stable comfortable.
Some sorting out of the mechanicals... some minor cosmetics (the major ones
are down the road). Hey, the brakes work, the gearbox shifts, no noise from
the diffy... life is good. BTW, I think I have someone who can diagnose and
FIX my fuel delivery problems... film at 11.

Don Sforza
3/4 Morgan Group                1966 '4/4' V Competition Model
B1290
Connecticut Triumph Register       1974 Triumph TR6               CF25689U