Steering hubs etc.

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering hubs etc.
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@pfizer.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:12:08 -0400
Help! (again)

My new (for me) 57 4/4 came with a 70's style
steering wheel which looks like hell. No offense
to 70's Morgan owners, but it's too rubbery and
modern for a Mog this old.

I have a Motolita in my garage which would look
fine, but alas no hub. Does anyone out there have
a spare steering hub collecting dust?

Here a description of my wheel... It's a 3-spoke
wood-rimmed design. The center of the wheel, and
the round plate that goes over it, both have a
3-3/4" diameter.

They have nine bolt holes in a 3-1/8" bolt circle.
The round plate also had a 13/16" hole for the
steering shaft to come through.  The original hub
was very shallow and brought the steering wheel
quite close to the dash.

Failing the acquisition of a hub to match my wheel,
Does anyone have a spare matched set of Motolita-
style wood steering wheel and hub???

Or how about the original type Brooklands-style wheel
and hub?

And another question - are the splines on the steering
shaft any kind of standard? Do they match some Healeys,
Triumphs or MG?

Thanks for listening!

Joe DeLuca
Ledgewood, NJ
'57 yellow 4/4
Morgan 3/4 Group, USA

PS - Also looking for a pair of early Lucas driving or
fog lights in excellent condition, plus top and tonneau
for this narrow-bodied 57.