Foto Fee

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Foto Fee
From: Ken Balzer <Kbalzer@BizEvents.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:29:34 -0400
As a commercial photographer (Pittsburgh market) and a Morgan owner, I can
see both sides of the question.

As a Photographer, the main factor in determining the prop fee is ultimately
the total project budget. The larger the client, the larger the circulation,
the larger the use...the larger the fee can be. If you hired a band to play
a 4 hour wedding, you might pay between $400 and $1,000, depending on the
market and the "demand" for the band. If that same band provided the music
for a 2 hr. major release movie, imagine what the fee would be.

As a car owner, I would be concerned about the time it would take me,
(usually commercial photogs like to shoot during the business week, we have
families also) and how far I would have to go. A small project for a local
store might not have the budget to make it worth the aggravation, Working
with an attractive local model might be fun, but it doesn't replace the
money lost if I have to be away from work for the shoot.

After all that, as a photographer I would not offer less than $50/hr, 2
hr/min with a cap of $300/day. As an owner, I would accept $75/hr with a
minimum of 2 hrs.

Ken Balzer

ps you can see my car @  www.pittsburghasmp.org/morgan . It's going up for
sale soon.