Re: New Car

To: helejohn@neteze.com, harald.sakshaug@datapower.no, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Car
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:03:49 EST
Boy am I becoming a cynic.
    Drive the old Morgan. As dirty as the exhaust is, you are doing a lot
more for the environment than the guy who buys a new air-powered car.
It is ALL about one thing… money. Nothing to do with pollution, saving the
planet, etc. If we really wanted to reduce pollution- we would simply quit
making new cars. The cars we drive now, whatever they be, incurred their
environmental cost when they were built. Yep, they may pollute a bit more
driving down the street, but…
How much pollution do you think is produced making/shipping a brand new car?
How much land is raped, how much oil is used, how much newsprint for sales
brochures, adds, how much to heat/cool a factory and dealerships world-wide
every day, how much to mine the iron oar, to ship and smelt it, to make the
plastic interiors, etc, etc, etc… A heck of a lot all totaled.
Fred sisson.