Re: Cryogenic Freezing

To: Scott Morrison <scott@wampc.com>
Subject: Re: Cryogenic Freezing
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@mdmpe.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:26:45 -0800
The technic is also being used for golf clubs in order to create extra
hardness at the club face.  I'm not a metallurgist however my
understanding is the cryogenic immersion increases the crystallization
rate such that the crystal structure is composed of extremely small
crystals.  Beyond those comments, someone else can likely contribute a
lot more.

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer