Thanks

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:30:53 -0500
Thanks for all the responses I received from my heater switch problem. I now
understand the function of all the knobs, and found the unknown rocker
switch is for rear fog lights (which I don't have).  I have never even heard
of rear fog lights???

Now my problems are solved, except why I lost the two-speeds on the fan, but
I can figure that one out.

On a non-Morgan note - a friend of mine went to an antique auto show in N.Y.
state last week and brought back photos of what has to be one of the most
bizarre automobiles I have ever seen. According to my friend, the car was
made in the USA in the thirties, called a Brewster. There was one owner at
the show with five different models-  sedans, roadsters, and limo.

My friend runs a Model A parts business here in Lancaster, and he said the
Brewster Company (based in Rochester, N.Y.) were coachbuilders only and
mounted the bodies on Fords. He says the cars are extremely rare. I tried to
research the Brewster on the web, but could find nothing.

The Brewster looks fairly normal from the rear, but the front grill and
wings are astonishing. They look like the mask from those "Scream" movies,
or like a Valentine heart shape. The bumpers are also unusual for the time,
being three rows of chrome pipes welded together in a stack.

Another interesting comment from my Model A friend was the number of Model
A's still on the road today (several million - which keeps him in business).
I have no idea how many Morgans are still on the road today, but doubt if
total production exceeds even one million.

Thanks again. If anyone wants to see a pic of the Brewster, I will send a
scanned photo separately.