Question

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:29:58 -0500
Something must be wrong with my email - I sent a few questions to the list,
but did not receive them myself. This time I copied the email address from
another list message and pasted it. So here goes again:

I have a 1987 4/4 and recently had to use the heat/defroster. Underneath and
to the left of the steering wheel is a black knob with an "H" on it. This is
connected to a cable. Usually, when I pulled the knob out, heat came to the
floor area.

Yesterday I pulled the knob out, which was tight, and I pulled pretty hard.
I must have damaged something. My brake light went on and stayed on for
about 30 min. In the past, the rocker switch for the defrost had two
speeds - halfway down for low, all the way down for fast. Now the rocker
switch still has two stops, but only has one speed (can't tell if it is low
or high). The fan still works.

Tonight I discovered another black knob under the dashboard, directly in the
center of the car. This knob pulls in and out also, but seems to have no
effect. Reading my manual, it seems this center knob should be pushed in for
heat. But I have always had it pushed in, and never felt any heat in the
summer, etc.

While checking this out, I also found a switch on the dash and I have no
idea what it's for. There are five rocker switches, and the second one in
from the right has an orange rectangle in the center. I have no idea what
this is for, and the manual does not mention it.

Does anyone know the exact function of the two black knobs under the dash,
and the orange rocker switch on the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Also - Mr. Cooperman - did you get the photo I scanned of the tool kit?