Tracking down a Morgan...

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tracking down a Morgan...
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@pfizer.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:53:29 -0500
Here we go again... puzzle time.

I have a fellow, Jack Barr, who's had a Morgan in storage
since 1964. He's trying to sell it now but lost the title.
He'd like to get a replacement title, but can't find the
vin number for the car, which is a real handicap.

He was able to supply me with several numbers from an old
"owner's card" (whatever that is) and I suspect they may
be the chassis or engine serial number. Maybe you folks
can confirm some of my assumptions.

OK, here are the numbers:
y90801
mfg#4023
registration #B13098271

The 4023 sounds like the chassis number from about a 1958
+4. He acquired the car used in 1961 so that might fit.

The B13098271 could be an engine number, but I'm a 4/4
guy and know nothing about TR motor numbers.

And I'm truly clueless about the y90801.

HELP!

Joe DeLuca
Ledgewood, NJ
'57 yellow 4/4