Re: Tracking down a Morgan...

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tracking down a Morgan...
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:17:28 -0800
tAt 05:53 PM 09/12/00 -0500 Joseph DeLuca wrote:
>Here we go again... puzzle time.
>
>I have a fellow, Jack Barr, .....
>
>OK, here are the numbers:
>y90801
>mfg#4023
>registration #B13098271

The chassis number of my Morgan is 4399. manufactured Aug 1960

I checked through our club roster for chassis numbers,the closest is 4018
which is a 59 DHC.   4122 is also a 59 +4 .... so my guess is 4023 is
likely early 1959.

As I see from someone else you can find the chassis number on the frame
under the passenger knees.
The original engine number for the car appears in 3 places under the
bonnet, on both sides of the bonnet hinge just above the thermostat, and on
the firewall deck on the right hand side, on the level portion of the seam
for the tool storage compartment.   This number should match the number on
the block wich is stamped on a flat section just to the rear of the
ignition coil mounting bolt.

In my case the engine number is 60026.  no letters or # signs.

Good to see you on here Joe.  it was a pleasure to meet you a cpl of months
ago.

Cheers
Marv