Clutch questions

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch questions
From: "Ron Theroux" <ronsmog@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:32:05 -0800
Hello fellow back yard Morgan mechanics

We have the engine and transmission out of the +4 to clean up oil leaks and
bearings.
The clutch has had some big time miles on it so we planned to do the MGB set
up described
in Fred Sission's book. The bell housing has had a great deal of wear which
required a rebore.
Rather than put a sleeve into it to bring the dia. down for the existing badly
worn bearing sleeve I  have made a new
one 9/16" longer.  It was hoped this way we well keep as much of the body in
the bell housing when engaging
the clutch.
Question 1.... How much clearance should we have on the dia. of the  throw out
sleeve and bell housing

Question 2....When changing over from the TR3 flywheel to a TR 4 (re-drilled
by a good machine shop)
                       should we have concerns for balancing, the TR4 flywheel
has been done with the clutch plate
                       mounted.   How much more do you recommend ( pull the
crankshaft) and balance all as well?

Thanks for any advise.    .Doesn't look like it will be back on the road for
our Boxing Day Run ......
                Merry Christmas  Ron Theroux    1958 +4 4 seater