Re: New list member

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New list member
From: KatHaus7@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:26:32 EST
Welcome Doug,

I'm glad you've come to the list. I too came here after acquiring my 67 +4
four seater, about 2 years ago. I'm also a low budget restorer. I was amazed
at how nice and helpful everyone was when I first got here. I knew absolutely
NOTHING about my car except that I loved it. I had trouble even asking
questions, because frankly I didn't know what I was talking about, I just
knew what seemed to be wrong - sort of. These guys have literally "walked" me
through so many different things. Now, 2 years later, I'm still asking
questions, and still getting great answers. I'm not worried anymore that I
don't know what I'm talking about, because these guys are still walking me
through!

I have two recommendations for reading. First is the Morgan Plus 4
Instruction Book. It is VERY basic, but covers things like grease points
-where to find them, and what types of fluids are recommended. It was really
helpful to me, because I was completely clueless. The second is the Morgan
Spares Plus 4 illustrated parts manual. You can order that directly from
Morgan Spares - they also have some used & rebuilt parts. I like the parts
manual because it has exploded views of your parts. I began by just reading
through it. It was helpful to me, because I didn't know how to identify what
I needed, or where anything was. I hear Fred Sisson's Bedside reader is a
MUST for all Morgan owners. I don't have it yet, but I'm dying to get it!

I read something here once that has really stuck with me...a guy wrote asking
if anyone knew of a good Morgan mechanic in his area. One of the replies
said..Go to your bathroom, and look in the mirror. If you don't like that
mechanic, you should probably start thinking about driving a different car.
You will quickly come to realize just how profoundly true that statement is!

So, I'm awfully glad you joined us, and hey, feel free to jump right in. I
know from experience that this is a great bunch of people with a real love
for their Morgans.

Kat T

///
///