daylight running lights saga

To: "Morgans@autox.team.net"@autox.team.net
Subject: daylight running lights saga
From: "George Dow" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:42:40 -0000
Hi there
            Chuck, note the little (-:  Smile after my retort, I took the
comment as you meant it, though it is clear that my average traffic
conditions are very different from yours, I should think that drivers in my
neck of the woods are making more death defying decisions per journey to
work than you will hopefully do in a year ? in close fast flowing traffic I
stick with my thoughts and would add that perhaps 100mph+ m/cycles are more
prevalent on the country roads hereabouts also, As Scotland is a magnet for
the fast boys from down south in the summer not to mention our own, and I am
pretty sure I can judge their speed better with lights out in daylight.  It
is for me a personal judgement...... I have no longsight probs though wear
glasses to read and tap the keys (-: and headlights at night bother me no
more than they ever did, except on a rain splattered and misting helmet
visor when m/cycling..... I`m sure it did not seem so bad when I last
m/cycled regularly...... er...... 30yrs ago !!!!

Yup, just getting older (-:

I like "in the country" Chuck, I live right on the border betwixt town and
country in what was a pig farm with about 300yds of feild between me and the
edge of the suburbs just far enough away not to intrude and close enough to
have no gas or electricity supply worries, though I do have all the joys
that a septic tank can bring , my place of work is 20mins drive from home,
so I consider myself lucky.

Be happy and safe in your Mog.

Cheers,   George.

///