RE: daylight running lights saga

To: "'George Dow'" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: RE: daylight running lights saga
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:50:52 -0500
George,

I thought so (based on the smiley).  I note that you make your "smileys" the
other way around as I normally see them:  ;-)

Is this because you guys drive on the left side of the road?  Come to think
of it, if drivers in your area make more death defying decisions per journey
in a day than we do in a year, doing this while driving on the left side of
the road makes this even more impressive!  ;-)

The few times I've been to your island, I've stuck with British Rail and
"the Tube."  One of my coworkers (originally from the UK) had a bad accident
when he looked the wrong way before crossing a divided highway.

Your place sounds idyllic.  I live in a "company town" that was hacked out
of the woods 40 years ago.  From my home to my lab is 16 km and takes me
just under 10 minutes, provided the local constabulary is not "out and
about" and the deer, skunks and foxes agree to stay in the forests.
Unfortunately, not in the Morgan that's up on blocks  ;-(  and awaits the
day when I can give it my undivided attention.

Chuck

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///