RE: Passing fads

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Passing fads
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@pfizer.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:06:18 -0500
"...I always point out automotive features
that value status or style over function.
On that list are huge subwoofers, spoilers,
fake arc-light headlamps, and of course,
fog lights left on..."

Forgive me for steering the thread back to
Morgans, but one of the nifty things about
that car company is that they almost never
cave in to fads or public demand (except for
replacing the flat radiator and excluding
the Aero-8).

In addition to the items Bill mentioned above,
The factory has also eschewed fins, cup-holders,
cab-forward design, air-dams, power windows,
power tops, blacked-out chrome trim, gold-
toned chrome trim, rectangular headlamps,
flared fenders, hood ornaments, aerodynamics
kits, GPS systems, car phones, four-wheel
steering, blue-dot taillights, curb feelers,
ornate hubcaps and other status items.

Heck, they didn't add a defroster until they were
absolutely sure it wasn't a passing fancy.

On the other hand the Factory will do virtually
anything you ask, including dual radio antennas
complete with raccoon tails, when they're building
a car just for you.

Have they ever refused a request as unacceptably
tasteless?

Joe DeLuca
Ledgewood, NJ
'57 yellow 4/4