4/4

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4
From: Mrgn914@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:46:29 EST
Tom, we met at Oh Mog at Punderson State Park this fall, I had the light blue
early plus 8 and you had your very nice +4.
You will no doubt get a lot of thought on your subject, but I will add my .02
cents.  I restored a very nice series 3, 4/4 some years ago now owned by
Chuck Putsch of Findlay, Ohio, also light blue.  It had all the good stuff
when I finished with it, disc brakes, 1600 cross flow, and most important the
close ratio Cortina GT or Lotus Elan gear set.  The engine was .030 over, had
a mild cam, twin Solex ADDHE side drafts, a light flywheel and headers.  It
was indeed a joy to drive, a much better balanced car then my Moss box plus
8, and more enjoyable then similar Plus 4's.  I hope I don't go out on too
big of a limb here but I would say that the bigger engine 4/4's were probably
the most enjoyable of the earlier cars to use.  The Ford engine was a smooth
high rever that always entertained.  A better choice, you could not make.
Cheers, S. Stierman 69 +8

///
///