Steering rack

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering rack
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:43:38 -0500
Hi,

Read your thoughts on conversion. The Knight rack is a mildly weird
design but very serviceable. I believe I have the six or so fitted and
they have been used exclusively for the last 12 years. Aside from a
slight bit of machining it has not given me problems. It is, however,
very expensive.

The Gemmer box is a fine system as well and it can still be purchased
from some UK suppliers.

Some time ago a question was put to the GoMoG Experts Panel and there is
a response from John Sheally II that you will find informative as he has
done a switch similar to that you are contemplating.

try http://www.gomog.com/mi/GoMoG/response2.html#JOHN

Lorne
1984 Plus 8 Vitesse EFI

///