"The Last True Sports Car"

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: "The Last True Sports Car"
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:46:55 EST
Well...finally.

The December 1, 1999 Marketplace, NPR's biz show is available online in the
archives of Audible.com.  Why is this news?

Because the program on Morgans in at the end of the program on that date.

"The Last True Sports Car
The Morgan Autocar Company of England makes one of the last remaining classic
sports car of the 1950s era. Want to buy one? Put your name on a waiting
list, and hope you live long enough for it to get to the top. Tom Verde
reports."

I've waited patiently since I heard the original airing in 1999, to acquire a
copy.  Not easy, especially for us Mac users.  It was supposedly possible to
get an audio tape directly from Marketplace, but at one time, they told me
that they'd forwarded all their archives to Audible.  It's taken a long time
for Audible to post this date and longer for them to support the Mac.

This is really a fun report and I recommend it to anyone who missed the
original.  It's available for download in a format that plays in RealPlayer.
You must create an account and pay 95 cents for the entire show.  Their
process is clunky, but be patient.  You must purchase, then the file goes
into an area they call "My Library" and THEN you can download (See the "New
Subscriptions" tab).  The segment is at the end and lasts approx. 7 min.

Access the file by going to www.audible.com and do a search in the field at
the upper left of the window for "Marketplace December 1, 1999".  This will
take you directly to that program date for access.

This address will take you to text regarding the Marketplace show
...<<http://www.marketplace.mpr.org/shows/1999/12/01_mpp.html>>

Good luck and enjoy!

Steve Dreiseszun
'56 Plus 4