Re: frosted lens on fender lights Lucas 516

To: deemi@juno.com
Subject: Re: frosted lens on fender lights Lucas 516
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:43:31 -0500
Hi Bob,
Looking back at your original message, I believe I can answer your question.

My TR4-A had small integral wing lamps built into the front wings, with a
rearwardly extending chrome trim strip, and with no actual lamp housing.  Those
integral wing lamps use a frosted glass lens that is (I believe) exactly the
same
size as the lens of the Lucas 516 lamp and may be what you've seen.  I have one
or two of these frosted lenses if you prefer that appearance.  Moss and other TR
parts suppliers could also supply such lenses.  But, as I said earlier, I have
never seen those lenses in 516 lamps on a Morgan.

Cheers, John Bigler

PS:  Sorry, major, for omitting to edit my earlier-attempted reply.

///
///