Steering Box

To: "morgan list" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Box
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:32:17 -0500
A couple of months ago someone asked if a VW steering box could be modified
to fit a Morgan. Well yesterday I replaced the steering box in my daughters
69 Bug and compared it to the Morgan box.  The short  answer is no way!
The layout of the box has the shaft on the left side of the box. Even if
major machine shop work was done to allow it to be mounted the shaft would
be out of alignment.   Also the drop arm  is so totally different it could
not be used nor could  the Morgan drop arm modified to fit the VW box.
Now my question is what other cars used the Gemmer box , and Who or where is
Gemmer?

Bob

///
///