Re: Prop Shaft Bolts

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prop Shaft Bolts
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:05:09 -0700
At 08:09 PM 08/05/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>I have traced the vibration in my '71 4/4 to a very worn UJ on the diff end
>of the propshaft.  Next problem is how to undo the 4 bolts.  They are not
>1/2 in or 9/16 - nearer 17/16ths or 13.5mm!  Any ideas what they might be
>and how I might shift them?
>
>Any other hints/tips concerning this taskette would be very gratefully
>received!
>thanks
>
>Mike

They are likely British Whitworth.  I pack a set of British Whitworth open
end box end in a canvas pouch in the storage cabinet under the hood. They
were expensive but well worth the investment. I also have several of the
more common sizes in sockets in my socket set kit, mostly from back in the
60s in my TR3 days.

cheers
Marv

///