Re: Chassis Number Problem

To: rossjones@earthlink.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chassis Number Problem
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:43:01 EDT
Ross,

I too could not find the chassis numbers punched in the crossmember of my '69
4/4.  They appeared to be lost in the mist of time and rust.  However, I was
able to clearly identify the car from the body number.  This number is to be
found embossed on the top of the right hand rear wheel arch.  I contacted the
factory with this number and was able to get good details as to my car's
history before I adopted it.  If you have trouble finding the body number,
contact me directly.

Richard Cooperman
'69 4/4
Body Number:        6956