Re: Chassis number problems

To: "George Dow" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Chassis number problems
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:05:16 -0500
George said in part >
> As a Morgan is such a simple car to mix and match parts on, and that many
of
> the Morganeers take much pleasure in doing so, would make for great
> discussions amongst aficionados of the marque as to whether any particular
> car was considered by them to be a  true Morgan.... (-:

-----------------------
In my early days on the net one of the first sites I found was called
HUBBARD vs. MIDDLEBRIDGE SCIMITAR LIMITED
which addressed  Georges point.  The site was noting more that a
Court  record of: a lawsuit
 IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN'S BENCH DIVISION
Royal Courts of Justice, London.   < note THIS IS NOT IN LAWSUIT MAD USA!
No. 90/MJ/2474 - 27th July 1990
Before: MR. JUSTICE OTTON

The subject matter of the lawsuit is what is said to be a Bentley Speed 6
Racing Car known as "Old Number One".
 It seems that Old Number One over the years had just about every part
replaced or modified and the buyer was thus suing because he held that the
vehicle was not the car Bentley  built and raced.
The great part is that in its justification for its finding the Court gives
a Great history of both the car and  Bentley.  I looked and it does not
appear to be posted to the Web any longer however I do have a copy which I
can send to anyone interested in some interesting  automotive legal reading.
It's a 77230 byte file and all text.

Bob     ( yeah, I know I didn't say how the court ruled, but I don't want to
give away the ending!
             anyway, as quite as the list has been lately it might make for
interesting exchange of ideas

///
///