Re: Speedo cable for Moss box

To: "Morgan News Group" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo cable for Moss box
From: "Tony Souza" <tjsouz@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:19:48 -0400
Rick wrote,

 I recently purchased a speedo cable from Morgan Spares that does not
fit the Moss box on my 1951 flat rad. The transmission end of the
cable has finer threads than on the transmission -

 Rick Williams
 Orinda, CA.

Hello Rick,

I had a similar experience with my son's '53 flat rad four-seater.  My
reply may not help you directly, but may give you a direction in which
to go.  I found a brass female pipe-to-compression tubing fitting at
the local suplus store.  It cost 25 cents.  I slit either the brass
fitting or the compression nut (or both) lengthwise so it would slip
over the speedo cable.  The pipe female screwed onto the transmission
threads and the new compression nut screwed onto the adapter and held
the cable end.  The original cable nut was not used, just pushed up
along the cable out of the way.  That's what I remember of my solution
to the problem.  The car is in TN and I am in PA so I can't go look at
it for you.  But I'm sure my son, Peter, would  give you more details.
Try him at:
mailto:my3sons_1dh@yahoo.com

Happy motoring,
Tony Souza