Re: 4/4 front shocks?

To: "Morgan News Group" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4/4 front shocks?
From: "Tony Souza" <tjsouz@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:30:09 -0400
: 4/4 front shocks?

> I am restoring a 1966 4/4 SerV Comp.  Somewhere on the net I saw a
note
> about using Red Ryder shocks #81561 as replacement shocks for the
factory
> front shocks.  I can not find these shocks at any dealer.  Does
anyone have
> any
> information about these shocks or other replacement front shocks?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill McAfee
> 1966 SerV Comp. B1216

HI Bill,
I'm the one that posted the note about Gabriel Red Ryder shocks.  You
have the correct part number according to my notes.  I used the Red
Ryders on a '53 flat rad Morgan +4 and bought them on Mar 16, 1998.
Maybe the part numbers are different now.
Ask your Gabriel Shock vendor for a Red Ryder with 5/16 top stud and
5/8 ID lower sleeve.
If you still have trouble finding a usable shock, e-mail me and I'll
see what my very helpful local vendor suggests.

Tony Souza

///
///