Re: Fw: 4/4 front shocks?

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 4/4 front shocks?
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:52:56 -0400
> As I recall the shocks for a Chevy Luv truck were recommended
> by someone. Monroe #32206  or SPAX G155HJ
> Cheers
> Don
> `66 4/4

The Chevy Luv truck shocks were recommended by John Sheally II. These
and other GoMoG Experts Panel shock recommendations are/were to be found
at http://www.gomog.com/panel/response17.html

Other shock numbers can be found off the Front End Index in the GoMoG
Garage pages at http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/front.htm

Note that the shocks that are used with the MMC eliptical shock bracket
system, the Rutherford rear shock conversion kit system and Melvyn
Rutter's rear kit are interchangeable.

I would strongly recommend that a little more money be spent (though
less than the Konis) and the Spax adjustable gas shocks be purchased
front and rear. There is a remarkable difference (especially in the
rear) between quality shocks adjusted for YOUR Morgan and driving style
and cheaper non-adjustable shocks. The Spax have most of the advantages
of the Konis and can be adjusted WITHOUT having to remove them with 5
settings in front and 14 settings for the back. Curiously, they are
significantly cheaper in the States than in the UK.

Lorne
http://www.gomog.com/emog/emog.html

///
///