Re: news?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: news?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 20:12:10 -0500
Glad to see everyone hasn't jumped ship to emog.  I'm still lurking around.
I'm not on emog due to the traffic load.  I was up to over 250 emails a day.
That didn't leave any time to work on cars.

Haven't really touched the Morgan in quite a while.  Been trying to get the
Bricklin finished.  Then ScottE (#2 son) decided he wanted a 65 Rambler. So
we've been working on that on and off.  Did some minor body work, but it
really needs to be stripped and repainted - some day.  Then played with the
starter and solenoid, carb, did a tuneup on it, then brakes.  Finally finished
the brakes and only broke 1 brake line!

I've been sanding the body on the Bricklin and as many of you know I publish
The Brickline.  It's a quarterly magazine (thank God) as I loose a month
working on each issue.

Other than trying to keep the 2 Voyager vans (an 89 and 95), the 77 Spit,
and the 84 Accord on the road, not much new here.

Nelson sent a nice article, on modifying the headlight system on the Morgan,
for me to put up on the SOL Morgan Web page, and I've collected a few other
items.  So one if these days I'll have to get around to updating that some.

As Lannis said, it's actually fairly cold here in VA.  Up until Xmas Eve,
we were having temps in the 50s and lows in the low 40s.  Then the bottom
fell out (for around here).  The week between Xmas and New Years I don't think
it got into the 40s.  But I managed to put in about 5 hrs a day for about 5
days during that week outside sanding the Bricklin and working on the Rambler.
Then last Wed. night we got a good snow storm, about 8" or so.  So the area
has been shut down since then.

Hope everyone is doing well, and has a Great New Year!!!!!

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org