Re: news?

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: news?
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:34:18 -0500
"John T. Blair" wrote:

> Glad to see everyone hasn't jumped ship to emog.  I'm
> still lurking around. I'm not on emog due to the traffic
> load.  I was up to over 250 emails a day.
> That didn't leave any time to work on cars.

Hi John,

I'm sorry you feel that using another emailer program is "jumping ship".
That hurts more than a bit as eMOG is an effort of very many people from
very many countries trying to provide a forum for the Morgan internet
community to stay whole and happy. It goes beyond other like services,
being private and actively moderated by people from both sides of the
ocean. It is extremely flexible, with no advertising and completely
steered by the group itself and no other.

It works too well for some and it is true that that the eMOG traffic can
be high. It now averages 55-65 emails a day but there are many options
to handle this volume..more than other mail lists provide. You can even
decide to have no email at all and browse the eMOG site when you choose
and what you choose at any time you choose and respond directly from the
site, without an advertisement in sight.

Volume is also a function of the number of Morgan lovers one gets
together and eMOG is now moving towards 500 participants. The pub
considers each new participant a honour and welcomes each as such. We
regret we do not see more of John Blair.

Email lists and dgs have their seasons... it is only the people that
matter.. not the programming or what it happens to be called.

Best to you and the family!

Lorne (spending the winter restoring an '67 e-type)
GoMoG Webmaster