Original Morgan Floorboards

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Original Morgan Floorboards
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:51:48 -0400
I wish to thanks those for prior responses on my old Morgan's repair.

I am looking at a set of dealer, not factory installed floorboards in my
car and compared them to parts of what I have left of the originals.

it looks like the 1960's Morgan plus four and others had a 3/8 inch 7 ply
board in it, not sure if this is what went behind the seat or did include
floorboards as well.

the rear shelf area is 5 ply and 1/4 inch originally.

I just cannot tell if the floorboard was 3/8 or more thick, and if a
thicker board is found on other original boards.  Linda at Morgan spares
(not the one who made up the boards)  sent me stainless fasteners, but
they wont go through as too thick. Thus the question, as I will need to
redo this work.

I know some of your have replaced the boards, can someone help me with
what is original, I am trying to keep it as proper as possible in the
rebuild.

thanks for any hint!

Best Regards,

Bob Bowie in Maine