Plus 4 bulkhead questions

To: eMOG II <emog@lyris.dundee.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Plus 4 bulkhead questions
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 00:20:56 -0600
Corrosion control doesn't seem to have been a priority consideration
when my 64 +4 was built.  For instance, look at the tool bin on the
firewall.  There is no way to keep moisture from getting between the
rubber matting and the sheetmetal of the bulkhead and no way of removing
the matting to dry things out.  Anyway, I've pulled the bin off the the
bulkhead of my car to clean up all the surface rust and repaint it.  I'm
thinking about putting an extra nut between the bin and the bulkhead to
space it up a little and notch the rubber matting around the screws so I
can remove it for cleaning and drying out.  Has anyone else done this?
If so, how does it work?

I have a few  other related questions:

1.  What kind of paint was originally use on the bulkhead/tool bin?
Mine seems to have been originally sprayed with a matte black paint then
later brush painted with a gloss black.  Neither applied very
effectively.

2. What kind of screws were originally used to fasten the tool bin to
the bulkhead?  I thought that they would have been 2BA, but mine are
10X24.

3. On my tool bin on the right side next to the warning tag about using
antifreeze to protect the heater, there is a 1" X 2" tag glued on that
states "Morgan Motor Company Ltd, Malvern Made in England."  Is this an
original item, or something added later?  If its an original item, are
replacements available?  Mine is pretty faded and a little scratched up.

Regards,
Charles Hill