Re: Plus 4 bulkhead questions

To: eMOG II <emog@lyris.dundee.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plus 4 bulkhead questions
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:33:40 -0600
Thanks for all the informative replies to my original questions.  It
appears that "originality" is not nearly as important with Morgan
enthusiasts as it is with a lot of other car groups.

I'm going to refinish the bulkhead with GM Reconditioning Black.  I've
used this paint before on several cars.  Its relatively cheap, easy to
use and makes a very durable satin black finish.  I've already used it
on the parts I took off to repair the gas tank. So far, all of the 1/4"
and larger fasteners I've encountered are BSF or BSW, but all the small
stuff is equivalent to standard US sizes.  I'm considering replacing the
small stuff with stainless, but all of the fasteners came out in good
condition.  Nothing but a little surface rust.  Actually, the same with
the bulkhead.  It looked worse than it really was.  Lots of surface rust
and a little pitting.

Actually, everything about the car is in pretty good condition for a
38-year-old car.  It only had 20,000 miles when I bought it in August.
The biggest problems with the car is Morgan's poor corrosion control and
benign neglect over the last 38 years.  Which is both good and bad.  It
really needs some attention to cleaning and painting everything, but at
least noone has "fixed" anything on it in the past.

Last, I understand that the little tag was original, but noone had any
idea where I can get a new one.

Regards,
Charles Hill