Re: Battery

To: MCF612@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:18:29 -0500
> My mechanic, who works on Morgans regularly, is having
> difficulty getting a  new battery for my '98 +8.   All his
> regular suppliers have been telling him it  will take a
> few weeks, including shipping.   He says that even Morgan
> "dealers" don't have them in stock. Am I getting the
> runaround.

Mike,

I can't speak for the +8s.  Don't know where your battery is
or what it looks like.  But my 4/4 and most of the older +4s
I've seen, lead me to beleive that you might be getting the
run arround.  I'd measure the height, width, and depth, and
weither it's top or side mounts.  Then go to any autoparts
store and see what they have that's the same size and posts.

I know some of the older cars, did weird things like run 2
6V batteries in series mounted in wells behind the seats.

Where is the battery in your +8.  My 4/4 it's under the rear
deck, right behind the seat.  On the +4s I've worked on, the
battery is on the firewall.

Hope this helps.

John

> ///  unsubscribe/change address requests to
> majordomo@autox.team.net  or try ///
> http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool ///
> http://www.team.net/archive/morgans ///  Edit your
> replies!  If they include this trailer, they will NOT be
> sent.

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org