Re: Morgan wiring, fuel line material, and luggage area board,

To: deemi@juno.com, morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Re: Morgan wiring, fuel line material, and luggage area board,
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:44:32 -0500
> A few odd questions,
>

> 2)also, for those with 60's morgans did you also have
> black pvc for fuel lines?

Bob,

Yes!  My 65 has the black plastic fuel line.

> 3)the back luggage area floor, what supports that plain
> plywood and what holds it down  does anyone have a picture
> of the back of it!

The luggage area floor should have a piece of 1x1 length
wise
in the center of the floor to stiffen it.  On the back
parimeter
of the truck area there is a little Z clamp that the wood
slides
under:
                    |-----
Nailed or screwed   |
here         -------|  Plywood slides in here

On the front of the area, behind the seat, there is a little
block of wood the height of the plywood, with a little piece
of metal (about 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick) that is held to
the
block of wood with a wood screw.  The piece of metal can
pivot around on the nail and hold the deck in place.

> 4)I have seen the horn generally mounted at the center,
> does it use its own holes or also that of the wiring loom
> support?

On my 4/4 there is a little triangular piece of metal.  2
bolt
holes to hold it to the firewall.  Then the point of the
triangle sticks out beyond the firewall.  The horn uses it's
mounting stud to mount to this plate.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan