Weber carb horns/stacks coating

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber carb horns/stacks coating
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:22:33 -0400
Asking a technical question on webers as used in the morgan SS

I have 42dcoe-8 webers, and the original horns have mild surface
oxidation,

it appears to be a nickel coating ? butler's nickel?

it makes for a dull grainy finish when redone now, but was it polished?

I know the SS horns looked more aluminum in finish than chrome, a semi
chrome look to me...

does anyone know how they coated these?

the horns have a metallic alloy to them in that a fine rust appears and
that I had beaded off, but dont know how to coat

I do have a resource here, but cant find any documentation on how its
done.  I really want to save these original horns.

Help!

Bob in Maine