Morgan +4 engine mount installation

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan +4 engine mount installation
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:20:01 -0400
Hi,

the factory just provided me with new front alloy mounts for my +4 engine
mounting,

and am trying to make sure where I put the engine mounts as they are not
predrilled.

my original mounts are in the hands of an elusive morgan dealer.

Can someone please measure the distance from the front of the z section
frame back to the front of the mounts,

I can see it might set right on the frame, but not sure, and the back
edge has a notch for a bolt on the frame,

but I know at high revs in a Super sports I dont want to have alot of
vibration in an offset driveline.

so was a template used to set these in, or are most peoples a set
distance back

has anyone done this?

Thanks for any and all help.  I have them clamped in what I think is the
right place but want to be more sure.

Bob Bowie in Maine
Morgan SS 5381