Re: Tach

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:58:56 -0400
At 09:07 PM 10/4/03 -0700, Steve Gilbert wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>What type of tach should a 67 4/4 (1600xflow) have? What is the best
source for gauges? Right now filling the tach hole is a nice Healey Tach!
Looks perfect just sitting there doing nothing but filling the hole...!

Steve,

My 65 has a smallish (smaller that the speedo and multi cluster gauge) Smiths
mounted right above the steering column between and a little higher than
the center line of the other gauges.

My understanding is that the 4/4's didn't come with a tach except the
competition models.  I found my tach back in 69 and put it in where the
competitions were suppposed to have it.

Same for the temp gauge.  My temp gauge is located on the far left side of
the dash board a little lower than the other gauges.

John

John

Va. Beach, Va             (eBay id: zebra48)
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org