Re: Tach

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach
From: "Robin & Ron" <robinnron@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:24:06 -0400
Steve,

    My '67 is a Competiton model and has the tach as described by John.  It
is about 3.5 in in diameter and is an electronic tach that uses a loop of
the 12v coil wire as sensor.  I imagine Morgan Spares and Rutter carry
something like the original or you might try contacting  info@nisonger.com.
They do Smiths guage repair.  If your car is a '67 with a 1600 in it, then
it may well have been converted to negative ground when the engine was
changed.  If so, you'll need the neg ground version or one that has been so
converted, or will need to convert it.  There is good info on the web on
conversion.  I probably can find the address if you need it.

Ron Kerans

 >At 09:07 PM 10/4/03 -0700, Steve Gilbert wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>What type of tach should a 67 4/4 (1600xflow) have? What is the best
>source for gauges? Right now filling the tach hole is a nice Healey Tach!
>Looks perfect just sitting there doing nothing but filling the hole...!
>
>Steve,
>
>My 65 has a smallish (smaller that the speedo and multi cluster gauge)
Smiths