PVGP

To: alpines-digest@autox.team.net, datsun-roadster-digest@autox.team.net,
Subject: PVGP
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:06:46 -0500
Ok,
   I now have the groups for the Schenley Park race up and listed. You can
see them at www.cloverleaf-auto.com click on the VSCCA/PVGP button and
follow the links There are 20 entries so far. each group can handle between
25-30 cars and it is first come first served so get those entries in. By
this time next week I will have the BeaverRun info up.
  Now about BeaverRun, here is an opportunity to create an event that is a
true vintage racing spectacle. This event will kick off a week long
celebration ending in the Vintage Gran Prix through Schenley Park. If you
have any type of VSCCA legal car, Formula Ford, Sports 2000 or most
anything built prior to 1969 we have a place for you to run at BeaverRun.
With each group getting 2+ hours of racing for the weekend everyone should
go home with a smile on their face. I am going to ask Chris Shoemaker to
work with me and the timing and scoring people to help create an index of
performance for our groups. Group 1 is the only group that is off by
itself. It is run by the local BMW club and is for BMW only. I hope to see
some interesting BMW cars in this group. Group 2 is open ONLY to VSCCA
legal cars and is for cars with lap times at Limerock Park over 1:18. It
will be a mixed group of these cars, thus the need for an index of
performance. Not only do we offer a street race at Pittsburgh, we are now
offering racing that would have been found at Sebring or Lemans, albeit not
for as many hours at a stretch but with as interesting a mixed bag on the
track. Group 3 is again VSCCA ONLY and is for cars with lap times less than
1:18 at Limerock. Group 4 is small bore cars, under 2.5 liter,  built prior
than 1969 and group 5 is larger bore, over 2.5 liter, pre 1969.
  Now just picture this, come out to BeaverRun on the opening weekend drive
the wheels off your car for two days, enjoy the parties and lunches that
come with your entry and then lock up your trailers, or leave your cars in
our provided secure storage and head for home. You can return the following
weekend and finish with a race through the park. Perhaps you have one car
that may not meet the restrictions for the park but also have one that
does, now here is a chance to drive both. Two weekends of racing for less
money than many places charge for just one!
  We are working on week long motel packages along with things to do for
those who would like to stay and visit throughout the week of car shows,
rallies, Black Tie dinners and festivities.
  Our friends across the pond believe only they know how to hold a "true"
week long vintage celebration. Well I'd like to believe that they are wrong
and we can put on a lot bigger party and all here in the States than any
where else in the world. And we have one more thing in our favor we are
raising money for a group of young people who can really use the help. Both
of these race events will raise money for the same charities we always
have, The Autistic Society and the Allegheny School.
   This will be the 22nd running of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix "race
through the park" and the first at BeaverRun. I now have people trying to
come to PVGP because they believe this "track" is one of the must do
events. We rank right up there with running Sebring or Watkins Glen. Now
that we can have the excitement of running on a closed course as part of
the week long celebration I do not believe there is any where in the world
you can go to equal all that will be happening at the Celebration that is
the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.
  But it can not happen without you I need you to come out, in force, to
both weekends!
Ralph Steinberg
Event Chair VSCCA/PVGP Vintage Celebration