axle cover/trunk floor hold downs

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com
Subject: axle cover/trunk floor hold downs
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 15:53:03 -0400
I have a question on the axle cover/trunk floor hold downs

I note alot of the early cars in the  60's have the pair at the front of
what looks to be maybe a brass bit, screwed onto a small wooden block,

can anyone tell me what the dimensions are?  is it plywood like the
cover?  how does the brass thing hold it down or is it sprung somehow?

I just cant tell by a picture on this.  where are they centered on the
front board, a fixed distance from each side I would think?

Thanks very much

Bob Bowie