Morgan clutch specs

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan clutch specs
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:26:06 -0400
Help,

caused myself this problem!

I used a tr4a engine for rebuild in my morgan, and I have had the
flywheel balanced and new ring gear and so want to use it, as its on the
engine now.

the problem comes, I have a 11 inch flywheel with 3 pins for the pressue
plate

it seems the earlier tr4 had a two fixing pins for the pressure plate?

I have two clutch discs, one is a smaller 8.5 inch, another 9 inches and
obviously too large pressure plate with only two pin holes

so did the TR4 when it went to tr4a go up or down in clutch size,

can you say whether its a tr4 vs tr4a flywheel now on it by the number of
pins  ?

I will need  to order a pressure plate to fit the flywheel on the car,
and am hoping someone knows by the pins!

Thanks very much

Bob Bowie