[oletrucks] Test message and Tech question

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Test message and Tech question
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:43:29 -0800
Heeelllp!
I've finally accepted the fact that it's time to repair the ole truck's
('57 1/2-ton) rear.  It is worn to the point to where the vibration from
the backlash is starting to loosen other hardware!  During acceleration,
the slight tell-tail, high-gear whine is tolerable, but when you let off
the gas...arrggh.  I suspect that the pinion gear bearings are worn causing
improper mesh and wear of crown and pinion.  |:>(

Has anybody out there enough experience at rebuilding TF differentials?  Is
it worth it or should I go to a later model rear axel?  Are there new or
remanufactured replacement parts available anywhere?

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200