Re: [oletrucks] Test message and Tech question

To: "Tom Burt" <tburt@hirose.com>, "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Test message and Tech question
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:30:15 -0500
I have rebuilt just one - It is a fairly simple differential, and I did it
under watchful tutelage of an old-timer. The only special tool required was
a dial indicator. And a long persuader bar to get adequate torque on a
"crush" washer. To my knowledge, parts should still be readily available.
Setting the pinion lash was the only tricky part, but the shop manual gives
a pretty good narrative of how to do it.

But, if you're contemplating a better cruising gear, this would be the time
to ditch the original rear and go with something a little more streetable.

Jack / Winter Park FL