Re: [oletrucks] Paint & Grille questions

To: "Thomas E. Farrow" <teftom@interpoint.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint & Grille questions
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob, Margie, Nick & Andrea)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 05:23:11 GMT
On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 21:26:51 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>I'm still struggling with what color to paint my 50 3600. It will problably
>be an original color offered a few years each way of mine. My question is,
>are the paints you buy in these old colors, like from Jim Carter, or mixed
>to old specs, decent paint? I'm presuming they are modern paint in old
>colors. Maybe there is no difference.
>   On the grille, what is the bottom panel below the grille, held in by a
>boat load of big sheet metal type screws called. It has a hole in it that
>looks like its for a hand crank/pto or something. It fits up against the
>bottom of the radiator down to the bottom of the grille. What is it and
>where can I get a new one?........Tom

You are right about what the hole was for, ie. a hand crank.  The dampener on
the 216 was set up to accept a hand crank.  I actually knew a guy in CA who
would occasionally use it for that purpose.  I personally would be afraid to try
it.  The 235 dampener does not offer this feature capability tho.

Rob