[oletrucks] Different VIN problem

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Different VIN problem
From: "Thomas E. Farrow" <teftom@interpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:07:19 -0500 (EST)
I also have a VIN problem. Mine is a little different. I have my original
plate, it was mounted where is was supposed to be with 2 clutch heads (50
3600), completely covered in paint. From the backside the serial # can be
seen as stampted so I sanded the paint off and raised the #. I'm afraid to
sand the rest because I believe it is all inked or painted words and #'s. I
don't think heat will work so I'm going to get a weak paint stripper and see
if I can get on layer at a time off. Can anyone else think of any thing?
        I called DSMV in FL because my registration #'s are the original
engine # which is long gone, so nothing matches.  Their stumped. Their
records only go back 12 to 16 years and I've owned it all that time. Finally
the supervisor asked "do intend to sell it"? To which I explained about
family members made of metal, being buried in it, and stuff that only crazy
old truck people realy understand!!!! He suggested do the best I can on the
VIN and "don't worry, be happy".  I guess I'll stay out of Texas. Let's see
from South Forida to Texas with 514 or so rear end,  ummmm  = 5.25 light
years anyway.........tom