Re: RE: Fw: [oletrucks] VIN plate question, one more time

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: RE: Fw: [oletrucks] VIN plate question, one more time
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:51:24 -0800
You might try Copper State (bolt?) in Arizona.  They have an office in
Tucson and a couple in the Phoenix metro area.  I don't know if they carry
these or not, but they used to carry all sorts of other specialty
fasteners.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC

sculver@iwl.net; YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net
> Subject: Re: RE: Fw: [oletrucks] VIN plate question, one more time
> Date: Thursday, February 11, 1999 7:24 AM
>
> The clutch head screws in question are very unique.  Typical clutch head
screws are either round head or countersunk.  The vin ones are eight sided
like a regular bolt and have the clutch dimple in the middle.  It's
basically a small machine screw.  I've only been able to find them at
junkyards, and that means pulling the original vin to do it.  Good luck.