[oletrucks] Dave Riffel Visits SoCal Delivering a 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Dave Riffel Visits SoCal Delivering a 235
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:43:41 EST
        Dave Riffel, one of the Bay Area stalwarts of the oletruck list made a
whirlwind trip to my humble abode here in Fullerton, SoCal yesterday. He
brought a sweet running '59 235 surplused from his '50 3100/Camaro project.
        It is always nice to find that someone from the list is every bit as
good as
the impression formed by e-mail communication over a period of time. Dave is a
modest young man with a lot of experience for his age. He is a Gulf War
veteran and in the time since his ARMY days has retrained himself as a field
biologist, a job that requires enormous dedication and perseverance. He spent
a few hours with us looking over projects in various stages of completion and
after lunch headed back to his home so many hours away.
        Dave brought the motor that gave such sterling service in his AD pickup
for
the last several years. It came with an original Fram oil filter and the new
hoses to install it on the motor and with the short shaft water pump from
Patrick's. This motor will go in my '51 3600 project. Thanks Dave, I can
hardly wait to get going with this motor!

Paul O'Neil,
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
Hudson29@aol.com