Re: [oletrucks] axle placement

To: Robert Strickland <karbert1@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] axle placement
From: Bob Casebeer <ddduck@garlic.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:47:50 -0800
Robert
There was something said about moving a axle here a few weeks
ago but it was about TF trucks. I have a 56 gmc that  has mono
leaf springs and a 4 inch dropped axel i moved the axel 1 1/2 inches
to the front of the truck to center it in the wheel wells. Looking at a
AD truck the wheel opening in the fender looks almost even all the way
around so i think it would probably stay in the same place. If you look
at the back of the front fender opening on a TF truck it is sloped so
as you lower the truck it makes the tire off center with the opening
One other thing if i knew how much to move your centerline i
wouldn't want to tell you and be responsible for the outcome if you do
use a clip take the time to make sure it fits correctly before major welding

good luck and hope this helped
Bob Casebeer
56 GMC