Re: [oletrucks] axle placement

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Robert Strickland <karbert1@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] axle placement
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:56:27 -0800
Robert Strickland wrote:

> I have been told that when installing an IFS that one must shift the
> axle position relative to the straight axle centerline to have the front
> wheels line up in the wheel wells.  Does anyone know which direction,
> and how much?  I am hoping not to have to unstack every last piece of
> sheet metal that I have off the truck! I would really hate to have to
> weld this thing in more than once.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Strickland
> 1951 3100/Corvette

Bob,

On my '48 the kit places the center of the crossmember at the original
axle centerline. The spring towers are also centered in this location.
This seems to center the tires perfectly in the wheelwells. Check the
pics on my website for more detail.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314"
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles