Re: [oletrucks] 47-55 Advance Design Serial Numbers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 47-55 Advance Design Serial Numbers
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 05:41:24 EST
In a message dated 02/25/99 11:35:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tcape@weblnk.net writes:

<< I have
 been told by several people that the column shift was offered as an option
 in the '47-2.  I'm sure it was on the '48s also, but definitely offered also
 in '47. >>

I can't find any documentation on 47 column shift.  It was my understanding
that the 1947 model was built well into 48 because the new tranny wasn't
ready.  Along with the new trans it required a new bell housing (bolt spacing
changed) and shorter torque tube (Trans was longer).  Also a different cab, as
there is a cut out in dash to let the column shift rod pass thru.  Anyone have
proof?

Bob ADler