[oletrucks] Seat springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Seat springs
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:28:34 EST
Question about seat re-building: I started rebuilding the seat from my 48
today. The seat back springs appear to be in good shape. The seat bottom
(driver's side of course) is a little rough. The wire frame around the top
edge is broken at the side and the first 3 or 4 sets of springs are leaning
right (toward passenger side).

I think fixing the top wire frame will pull some springs up right. Are there
other tips? What replacement springs are available or should I just trade some
out from side to side to balance out seat? It appears that the rows of springs
are different heights to achieve some contour to the seat bottom?

Thanks,

Emory Hodges
EEHodges@aol.com
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"