Re: [oletrucks] Cooling problems

To: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cooling problems
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 06:47:40 -0800
If for some strange reason you want to remove the thermostat, you can buy a
flow restrictor plate (replaces the thermostat) at must hot-rod shops for
about $10.00.  I had one in a 68 F*#d Mustang that I used to race on
occasion (legally, not street racing).  It will give you a more consistent
temperature (read more consistent E.T.) in a given set of circumstances
(ambient air temp, altitude, etc.), but it is not very good for traveling,
your temperature will fluctuate 40 to 50 on a long trip. Running no
thermostat (or restrictor plate) can give you more headaches than you know
what to do with.  Just my two cents worth.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC